1

the convent of
Carmelites

Constituent part of a convent founded in 1630 by decision of Magdeleine d'Egmont, Princess of Chimay, this building housed, until the revolution of 1789, a dozen Carmelite nuns from Liège. The building was bought by the city in 1825 to open a school for girls before hosting a slate museum in the early 1970s.

 

2

5 MIN

L'ardoisière des Trépassés