top of page
The Moulin Sainte-Anne slate quarry is the oldest and largest in the Fumay basin.
Mentioned in. 1222, it developed considerably in the 18th century with a production
of 38 million slates in 1831 and 1832. Nearly 400 workers worked there around 1850
and another 217 in 1929. The exploitation ceased all activity in 1934. It was on
October 5, 1899 that the slate quarry of the Moulin Sainte-Anne requested a
concession on the reverse side of the Hague in order to open a new slate quarry there.
This pit, baptized Sainte-Anne 2, did not really come into operation until the 1920s.
Production remained low compared to that of Sainte-Anne 1
CHAPELLE DE DIVERSMONTS
bottom of page